Donate to the Blog

By donating you make it easier for me to post more often on more topics and give me the ability to spend more time answering your questions. If you enjoy reading or have found any of my posts valuable feel free to let me know.

Friday, October 5, 2012

Vector Illustration- 80's Style Print Advertisement Tribute: Macintosh Plus

I created this image as a tribute to Apple computers. I started developing this project by doing several vector illustrations of various apple products through the current and past few decades. My goal when starting the illustrations was to create a poster/ graphic detailing a brief history/ evolution of Apple. I have seen similar graphics done before but very few with high quality vector illustrations. Most were just photo collages of images found around Google. While I am in the process of developing that graphic I had the idea to take each individual illustration and make these product tribute advertisements/ posters. The "Macintosh Plus" is the first one I decided to start working on out of the series. This project was a great chance to do something in a 1980's style which I have never tried before and which ended up being a ton of fun. I had a great time researching fonts and graphic/ advertisement styles of the decade. Goes to show you how one project can develop into several different projects. If this ever happens to you go for it! Enjoy and let me know what you think!


Image created with Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop. If you would like to use this image send me an email at jonakap1@gmail.com and I will send you a version without the watermark :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Donate to the Blog

By donating you make it easier for me to post more often on more topics and give me the ability to spend more time answering your questions. If you enjoy reading or have found any of my posts valuable feel free to let me know.