Donate to the Blog

By donating you make it easier for me to post more often on more topics and give me the ability to spend more time answering your questions. If you enjoy reading or have found any of my posts valuable feel free to let me know.

Sunday, February 21, 2016

3d Architectural Visualization and Design: Arial View, Original Skyscraper Design

In the spirit of trying to post more often I have a couple of 3d renderings of some towers I recently designed when playing around in 3ds Max.

Arial Rendering of "Kaplan Towers," an original design by Jonathan A. Kaplan

At work I am heavily relied on for creating a lot of interior spaces. Because of my limited opportunities to get to build out exterior scenes, I decided to put together a scene from a building design I recently created in a little down time I had. Below is the base design before adding context such as the forest, roads, cars, ocean, HDRI sky, and additional buildings:

Original Building Design before Context
I was very happy with the design I came up with and I received a lot of compliments from our senior Architects and Designers who happened to see my building on my desktop wallpaper. 

In the future I hope to be able to add more camera angles and continue juicing up this scene as I have more spare time. I will be sure to post if I do. after designing the bones of this building, I have realized how far my understanding of architectural design has come in the past couple of years while working for my current employer and I am inspired to continue creating my own designs in the months to come. Thank you for reading!


Software used: 3ds Max, V-Ray, Photoshop



1 comment:

Donate to the Blog

By donating you make it easier for me to post more often on more topics and give me the ability to spend more time answering your questions. If you enjoy reading or have found any of my posts valuable feel free to let me know.