Donate to the Blog

By donating you make it easier for me to post more often on more topics and give me the ability to spend more time answering your questions. If you enjoy reading or have found any of my posts valuable feel free to let me know.

Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Landscape Paintings & Drawings: Architecture Studies- Pen and Watercolor

Greetings Blog-ettes and Blog-duders,

I want to share a couple of Architectural Illustrations/ Landscape Paintings & Drawings that I made recently. Each one of these was done within 20 minutes to an hour including paints/ markers. Both of these were sketchbook entries to refresh my drawing "chops." Sometime this week I would like to do at least another one or two pieces in more detail, perhaps on canvas.

Landscape painting is my oldest artistic passion going all the way back to when I was about five years old when my grandmother first started teaching me how to paint. I had originally learned on oils as a child and later made my way to acrylics and watercolors as I got older. I know most artists start with acrylics or watercolors and make their way into oil paints as oil painting is supposed to be the most difficult medium; however, I feel if you first master oils, acrylics and watercolors come easy. 

As I mentioned these were quick studies rather than attempted masterworks but I want to get into the habit of drawing and painting more often. I used to draw everyday; however, since graduating art school, digital platforms and corporate art have distracted me from more traditional mediums.

Architecture Study- Postwar House- Pen and Watercolor
Architecture Study- Beach House- Pen and Prisma Color Markers
While I spend most of my time as a 3d artist these days, working in the architecture and interior design industry has renewed my passion for more traditional mediums. I am lucky to be around several talented 2d/ traditional artists in my office who keep me inspired.

Feel free to let me know what you think and make sure to checkout my online gallery at www.kaplandesignlabs.com for frequent updates. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Donate to the Blog

By donating you make it easier for me to post more often on more topics and give me the ability to spend more time answering your questions. If you enjoy reading or have found any of my posts valuable feel free to let me know.