Donate to the Blog

By donating you make it easier for me to post more often on more topics and give me the ability to spend more time answering your questions. If you enjoy reading or have found any of my posts valuable feel free to let me know.

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Back to the Basics




Landscape painting has been a long time passion of mine. I recently had the opportunity to revisit this part of my life in Kevin Anderson's Rapid Visualization class at The Art Institute of Las Vegas. I normally result to digital work using Coral X to save time as a result of pursuing an animation degree but this was a "flex your muscle" project meant to show off the traditional skills we have been building over the past seven weeks; so, I decided to push myself to be a better artist and practice my brush skills. The reference was from a photo I took while on vacation in San Diego. The Harbor served as a perfect contrast for where new meets old. I am planning on doing another location for the class final, possibly a Lake Tahoe piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Donate to the Blog

By donating you make it easier for me to post more often on more topics and give me the ability to spend more time answering your questions. If you enjoy reading or have found any of my posts valuable feel free to let me know.