Donate to the Blog

By donating you make it easier for me to post more often on more topics and give me the ability to spend more time answering your questions. If you enjoy reading or have found any of my posts valuable feel free to let me know.

Monday, June 21, 2010

Experimenting; Fur, Ocean Shader, & Architectural Rendering



I have been recently inspired by an architect that has recently completed a project in Las Vegas (the Cleveland Brain Institute) named Frank Gehry. .

He was recently featured in the HBO series "Masterclass." It was very cool figuring out his process. Especially because Frank Gehry has become one of the most influential architects of our time.



Tonight I found myself with some free time and I decided to play around with some architectural visualization. I am pretty pleased with my resulting design. I did a similar project a couple of years ago all in toon shading, but this time around I am trying to experiment with the presentation processes and designs that would be appealing to architectural firms & the green movement. A fellow student, Mina P, recently showed me some grass she had made using fur so I decided to mess around with it and this is my result thus far. The Monorail is from the previous project I mentioned and has become a valuable generic asset for scenes like this.





My last little touch I added was the ocean & sky shader I decided to mess around with. I think it looks pretty slick and is a quick easy way to express water. This can be found in the paint effects or "visor" menu in Maya. Simply right click on it and choose the only option (import .ma to scene.) There are about six different styles that simulate various weather conditions through this simple method of importing a sky and ocean shader directly into the scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Donate to the Blog

By donating you make it easier for me to post more often on more topics and give me the ability to spend more time answering your questions. If you enjoy reading or have found any of my posts valuable feel free to let me know.