Donate to the Blog

By donating you make it easier for me to post more often on more topics and give me the ability to spend more time answering your questions. If you enjoy reading or have found any of my posts valuable feel free to let me know.

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Portrait & Landscape: Summer Vacation


This painting is a work in progress that I started tonight. It is Acrylic on Canvas. This is a landscape of a photo that I took while on a vacation in Pismo Beach, CA about a year ago. Pismo is an interesting town but I wish I had asked the bartender earlier in the night where the real party spots were at. I ended up being the only person under 55 within ten miles. Had I driven up the way to San Luis Obispo, a College Town, I would have had a better time. For some reason I didn't even realize I had friends there attending Cal Poly. Pismo Beach does work well as a quiet, relaxing, and beautiful beach though!




This is a new piece that I finished last week before the art show at Living Dead Tattoo. It is also Acrylic on Canvas. It was one of my eye catchers which made me proud because it is my most recent finished work, so this means I am getting better! This is a small portrait of Ghandi that was inspired by the quote below the portrait "Be the Change." I kind of had an itch to use those colors because of my memories of the original Batman Film by Tim Burton where Jack Nicholson (the joker) spreads neon green paint all over classic pieces of art in the Gotham museum. (This is the result of taking little kids to rated R movies)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Donate to the Blog

By donating you make it easier for me to post more often on more topics and give me the ability to spend more time answering your questions. If you enjoy reading or have found any of my posts valuable feel free to let me know.