Donate to the Blog

By donating you make it easier for me to post more often on more topics and give me the ability to spend more time answering your questions. If you enjoy reading or have found any of my posts valuable feel free to let me know.

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Box Lift Progress/ Last Friday

It seems that I have finally jumped over the wall on this animation. It has been three long days of hard work but I am feeling comfortable with the quality, especially when considering what the last version of this animation looked like. I am glad that I made the decision to revisit this piece because I almost just decided to drop it completely. It is not "done" yet but I felt it necessary to document this monumental progress. Monumental for me- I have been thinking for weeks that my demo reel would never be done, but now I have the momentum. I am also glad that I went with a rig this time that has emotions in the face. On another note, the new local art show "Last Friday" at Living Dead Tattoo has been postponed until further notice.

2 comments:

  1. Word. Now I am definitely never going to a show there. That guy gets none of my money. The animation is looking good but something about the right arm after he drops the first box is so distracting. It is just kind of down at his side and it seems unrealistic. I honestly don't think anybody would drop their arm that low after they just put down a box and are about to pick up a bigger one. I think the angle of the arm would stay about the same until he bends down to actually pick up the other box. It isn't like he loses control of it or just lets it do whatever, it is a very specific action that his brain's motor functions would be completely aware of. I'm telling you let's shoot some ref at school or something so we can actually compress and convert files so you can keep the videos at home. I like the expressions though too man, that was a good call.

    ReplyDelete
  2. details details. You'll see a better version soon. 11 seconds in a few days isn't easy. I'm acting it out in my mirrors. I know everything these days is about video reference but I think sometimes you want to see if you can do a drawing from your head, you know?

    ReplyDelete

Donate to the Blog

By donating you make it easier for me to post more often on more topics and give me the ability to spend more time answering your questions. If you enjoy reading or have found any of my posts valuable feel free to let me know.